7 PAX showed up for what the YHC found out was called a gasser workout – and Plank literally blew it up. This was a repeat for the Q and he missed the mark in his previous Q. This one, the mark of 1000 reps of exercises, was meet and MORE. Great job men!!
Warm Up: Alternating toe touches.. IC x 15. That was enough. The Thang had priority to reach the mark.
- PAX were told to have a CMU and 2 coins in place before the workout started.
- The gasser. Thanks to HBC I now know what my previous Q was called. Basically it’s 10 exercises of 100 reps each. Depending on the exercise, the 100 reps are broken into sets with about 40 yards or moseying between the rep set.
- Here’s what went down for the 1,000 reps. IC -> in cadence
- (1) SSH (side straddle hop): run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 25, run 40 yards back, IC 4 count x 25. 100 SSH
- (2) Merkin: run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 10, run back 40 yards, IC 4 count x 10, run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 10, run back 40 yards, 4 count x 10, run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 10, run back 40 yards. 100 merkins!
- (3) Squats: run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 25, run 40 yards back, IC 4 count x 25. 100 squats. Oh BTW… Squats work your quads not your waste line – Plank.. See my M (aka your sister) for proper form.
- (4) Walk Lunges: walk length of parking lot 100 lunges (50 each leg), return walk 100 lunges (50 each leg). Kaboom 100 lunges per leg.
- (5) LBC (little baby crunches): run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 25, run 40 yards back, IC 4 count x 25. 100 LBCs
- (6) IST (imperial storm troopers): IST march length of parking lot 100 count (50 each leg), return IST march 100 count (50 each leg). Kaboom 100 ISTs. Sure wish I had a picture of Abraham doing these. Not what one would call an IST. But he’s a brick wall at 57
- (7) Reverse LBC (little baby crunches): run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 25, run 40 yards back, IC 4 count x 25. 100 LBCs
- (8 & 9) Curls and Dips: Curls with CMU (concrete block) IC 4 count x 20, mosey to benches, Dips IC 4 count x 20, mosey back to CMU, curls IC 4 count X 15, mosey to benches, dips IC 4 count x 15, mosey back to blocks, curls IC 4 count x 15, mosey back to benches, dips IC 4 count x 15. Done arms fried. 100 curls and 100 dips!
- (10) Flutter kicks: run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 25, run 40 yards back, IC 4 count x 25. 100 flutter kicks.
- COOLDOWN: OHP (overhead press) with coins. IC 4 count x 25. Run 40 yards, IC 4 count x 25. Now that’s a cool down. Have to admit, YHC didn’t get all 100 of these but I tried.
- Romans 12:20 If your enemy is hungry, feed him. There was a story that went with the verse today but to long to type in here. But to paraphrase it, Next time you have a grievance with someone, invite them over (or out) for a meal. Don’t discuss the issue of the grievance. Just enjoy the fellowship. The problem will be resolved or forgotten!
- The morning was perfect for a beat down. The temperature was spot on and conditions we aligned for YHC to repeat his previous Q. Mid way thru the gasser, there was rumble in the ranks but YHS calmly stated “stop whining and keep moving”. Speaking of gasser, Plank dropped a bomb on Abraham during the crunches.. All in all the men held up well. Little to no rest between the exercises. YHC did allow a rest count at the end of each one, but it was to count which exercise number we just completed. A 2 count rest from Abraham had a little mumbling going on at the end of it.. Not sure what he said but I am sure the man up stairs knows. We will leave it at that. GREAT JOB MEN!!! We reached our goal of 1,000 reps and more. 30 warm up, 1,000 core workout, 100 cool down – TOTAL 1130. You guys ROCK.