SSH – 15 IC
Windmills – 15 IC
ATT – 20 IC
*this was the first time in several Q’s where I’ve actually called something in cadence. Felt weird. But fun. (that’s what she said)
Mosey to Softball Field for 3 laps of fun
20 Lunges – 1st Base
15 Lunges – 2nd Base
10 Lunges – 3rd Base
5 Lunges – home
20 Merkins – 1st Base*
15 Merkins – 2nd Base
10 Merkins – 3rd Base
5 Merkins – home
20 Burpees – 1st Base
15 Burpees – 2nd Base
10 Burpees – 3rd Base
5 Burpees – home**
*someone (who shall remain nameless) got called out by Tooth Fairy for subbing merkins for some hybrid form of elbow bends and pickle pounders. This had everyone laughing through the pain. Well played TF.
** Patty Mayo could possibly be our newest fastest burpee guy. Jordache, watch out he’s coming for you.
Mosey to back parking lot for a failed attempt at a dice game. This was supposed to be a stolen version of what Kapowski called at his Hickory VQ. Fail 1: Cousin Eddie’s house has exactly zero dice. Solution to 1st Fail: download a dice app for virtual dice rolling. Fail 2: an iphone apparently shuts down if it gets too cold. Not sure what it’s temperature limits are, but we met it. Solution to 2nd Fail: just make pax do 12 burpees. So it went like this: One pax does 12 burpees. While they are doing their burpees, rest of the Pax are doing whatever exercise that one pax calls. Went something like this:
- Monkey Humpers
- LBCs (that was an extremely generous call Doughboy)
- Peter Parker merkins
- high/low plank (Ed will never reference this as it’s F3 formal name due to the fact that it’s named after a Tarhole basketball player)
- mountain climbers
- others that I’m drawing a blank on
Indian Run to the bottom of That Hill. What’s That Hill? Post and you’ll find out.
3 minutes of hand release merkins.
Indian Run back up hill to main parking lot. Grab blocks per pax. Mosey to middle of football field for more AMRAPS.
2 minutes of called exercise with block, then run to the bottom of big hill, bear crawl up hill, 5 LBCs, return to block.
- Russian Twist
- Bench Press
Then my new favorite exercise: hold block straight out in front of you as long as you can. Once you give up, start doing burpees until the last pax gives out.
Cusak carry block up hill, load up blocks. Circle up.
WOD: Exodus 3:11 “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and that I should bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” It’s not uncommon for us to question our ability to carry out our calling.
Public/Private Notes to Self:
- Burpees really do suck
- That Hill does too
- The moment that T Bone & Abe both said that that workout was tough was the moment that I felt validated. Those are some tough cats.
- Publix spilling his water at Granny’s afterwards due to quaky arms was further validation of aforementioned workout toughness level.
- Turns out that real dice are hard to find. And they’re pretty important to the functionality of a game that involves dice. Me thinks that Flamer sabotaged my phone somehow.
- So the goal today was as many AMRAPS as possible in hopes that mumblechatter would increase. If pax are counting reps, then pax aren’t mumbling. Mission accomplished.
- If you haven’t posted to Whipping Stick, you really should. It’s a great time.
- Pleasure to lead you men yesterday.
- If you’ve read all the way down to here, I’m impressed.