It was my turn to lead Slingblade and I have been looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I do not live in Granite Falls so I am not too familiar with the roads and which are ok to run on. I sent my route to Cropduster to make sure all roads were ok and he said the Duke St was not the best to run on but we could manage. No sidewalks and a busy road make running a little sketchy to say the least! I had a 4-mile route planned as well in case someone did not want to run the entire 6 miles. I suggested the 4 mile route but no one wanted it so we took off on our 6 mile tour. We ran the route and 2 decided to stop at 5 miles while 3 completed 6 plus miles. The route ended up looking like a mutated bunny but it was fun. I had a lot of fun and I was able to experience the Tater Hole! While running we ended up coming to a gravel road where we climbed a fence to continue our run. Everything went fine until we came up on the armed guards who were not happy to see us. It appears that there is a secret military base in Granite Falls and we found it. YHC is not telling you where it is, you will just have to find it yourself. Maybe next time you should post when the route looks like a mutated rabbit! We continued running until we had to get over another gate and get back onto the road. We had a lot of fun going up and down the hills of GF in 25 degree weather and I would be happy to do it again with the guys of Granite Falls.
1. Do not eat a Double Whopper, No cheese the night before Sling Blade.
2. YHC visited the Tater Hole for the first time! All this talk about taters makes me want to eat some greasy Hashbrowns from the Waffle House.
3. If you need some BRR/hill training, there is a nice 1 mile hill that Band Camp will be happy to show you.
4. We found some trails if anyone is interested in running them sometime.
5. There was a lot of fellowship on the route which made the run even better.
6. Cropduster hit 1,500 miles for 2016 which is amazing achievement for a great guy. Cropduster is someone who wants introduce others to running and enjoys seeing others get better. Great job!
Luke 2:6-7 (NIV)
6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.
We celebrate Christmas on Sunday. Remember why we celebrate Christmas and share His love with someone today.
By the way…. I was just joking about the military base. The road was just an access road for the dam.