We had a well defined 6-PAX for our Slingblade run today:
COT (Always comes FIRST at Slingblade)
- Cropduster talked about the “garbage, unwholesome thoughts, judgemental attitudes that exist in our minds
- He encouraged us to PRACTICE expelling those and replacing it with Jesus
- He quoted Philippians 4:8-9: 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
- He encouraged the PAX to replace those unwholesome thoughts with those things mentioned in Philippians
- Prayer Request – for Markup’s mom whose cancer has spread
- YHC prayed for the PAX and for Brenda Shanks and her family
The 6-PAX takes off!
- Falls Avenue
- Right on Crestview
- Right on Forest Ave
- Right on Main
- Left on Central
- Right on “the street that goes behind the post office”! 🙂
- Left on Lakeside
- Down to the Tater Hole!
- Up Lakeside ave
- Right on Laurel St
- Left on Sandlewood Ct
- Left on Grandview
- Right on Highland Ave
- Right on Woods (Admire SnowMen built by Banjo and Assid)
- Left on Park Dr
- Right on Main
- Back to Start – just over 5 miles
The Thang: Cropduster ran the course last night to make sure we would be OK with the lingering snow and ice. The first mile was a little sketchy but very passable. After that we were good to go. Today was not our fastest run, it was not our slowest run. It was a very enjoyable social run. We talked about the upcoming launch of F3Lenoir on March 4. We talked about our upcoming Anniversary Konvergance on April 8. We talked about the Tuna Run on Oct 20/21 and our need for more runners. We talked about how 2-Stroke took off like a “you know what out of Hell!”. Old School turned around and headed back – his first ran back from injury so wisely taking it easy. We noted that they moved the Tater Hole a half mile further down the road apparently – must be low tide! We sucked wind running back UP Lakeside ave. We really sucked win running up Laurel. We admired snowmen made by 2 absent PAX – Banjo (IR) and Assid (NR). We finished our run and chatted for awhile while sitting on the “front porch” of downtown Granite Falls. I <3 Granite Falls!!
That’s All. The Back Blast is over. You can go home now. Bye!
ps: We spoke NOTHING about Sticky Buns today. I simply wanted to title the back blast STICKY BUNS! (#sosueme)