What would you do if I sang out of tune?
Would you get up and walk out on me?
Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song,
I’ll try not to sing out of key.
—Joe Cocker singing “With A Little Help From My Friends” as only he can – with SOUL!
Breaking News: Soulful Joe Cocker sang that song at Woodstock in 1969
Cropduster recited those words to the 15 assembled PAX this morning right there in front of God and everybody. Well everybody was not up at this hour. In CDs head he sounded just like Joe Cocker singing this song, with some soulful backup singers. He was having a moment in the Gloom!
This is the STUFF we did we we RanAndMoved around the campus of LRU and beyond:
1. SSH x 15 in PL
2. Butt Kickers x 15 in PL
3. Humpies x 15 in PL
4. Incline Merkins x 10 by Saxophone
5. Catcher Squats x 15 by P.E. Monroe
6. Jump up / over concrete things by Cromer Center
7. Decline Merkins x 10 at Martin Luther giant statue
8. Step Ups on Circle Benches with statues
9. Merkins x 15 in front of Grace Chapel
10. Tricep Dips x 15 in front of Rhyne Building
11. Sprints down street with No Name to P.E.Monroe (D. Trump spoke there last year)
12. We voted to take the Partay off campus so we ran down to College Park
13. Freddie Mercuries x 15 at top of Stairs
14. DCR x 15 at top of Stairs + American Hammers x 15 (Forgot and did not want to renumber)
15. Sprint back down to 8th Ave
16. Mosey to Rock Pile by the Creek at the Y (Y did we do this?)
17. Curlz for the Noodle Arms x 10 – pass rock to left
18. Skull Crushers x 10 – pass rock to left
19. OH presses x 10 – pass rock to left
20. Bench Presses x 10 – pass rock to left
21. More Curlz, More Skull Crushers, maybe more OH Presses
22. Run part of way around track at the Y (Y did we do this?)
23. Zip back up that long ASS hill back to our AO – 5 minutes overdue!!
Naked Man Moleskin: On the way to the AO early to do recon work I listened to “With A Little Help From My Friends” (McCartney/Lennon) but as sung by Joe Cocker. It’s my current favorite song on this planet. I know – it was recorded in 1968 before most of you were alive. OK, it beats anythig Lil Wayne or Maroon 5 can throw out. While running, we had moves like Jagger as we like Prom Queens [OK, for you un-informed people those are references to Maroon 5 and Lil Wayne] through campus. During the 45 minute workout and beyond, I was singing that song in my mind and I sounded GREAT! You shoulda heard it! There was a good amount of mumblechatter – I had no idea what y’all said because 1) I can’t hear (blaming Mick Jagger) and 2) I didn’t really care. But you know what got us through those 3+ miles that we ran this morning. Each Other. That’s the reason I got up so early and headed over to my alma mater. Y’all. We got by with a little help from our friends. That’s what F3 is all about, isn’t it? In Ascending Order – Fitness – Fellowship – Faith. Y’all warmed my heart this morning. These things were seen this morning:
1. Cousin Eddies socks – think he stole them from the Wicked Witch of the West
2. Sooner’s Clempson socks – yeah I know – that P is supposed to be there!
3. Bing’s shirt – “This Many People Like Burpees” = 0
4. A frightened student while we were doing step ups behind Grace Chapel – why was he up so early??
5. Cousin Eddie waaay out front in the run – he said he cheated but if the Q didn’t see it, it didn’t happen.
6. 15 friends. Yes, that’s what we saw. It’s Awesome, isn’t it?
– Bing asked for us to pray for Bill Clark who was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma, has had chemo treatments and today is having back surgery.
– Bing asked us to pray for Sexual Chocolate (Andrew Watson) as his wife has had heart issues this week and is wearing a monitor for a month. Their son had tonsils out. I dare you to pray for Sexual Chocolate!
– Plank asked us to pray for the Weaver family – Mr. Weaver died this week on I-40 and Plank is friends with his brother.
COT: Cropduster recounted a story about his dog Cooper and he having a moment on Wednesday afternoon being still and allowing the breeze to blow through our ears! Crop read Psalm 46:10 “Be Still and Know that I am God” and part of Psalm 23 “He maketh me to lie down in green pastures”. He encouraged the PAX to be still, lie down in a green pasture, and reflect on his Creator – and be moved by it.
Announcements: Regional Convergence tomorrow at T-ville at Matheson Park at 7:00 am.
That’s All Folks!