When YHC moved back to Hickory 6 months ago, a lot had changed over the last decade but a lot remained the same. So when you move anywhere you always start with the basics…..what grocery store to use, where to go to church, and of course; where to grab a quick drink. In honor of this ongoing search, YHC felt it appropriate to tour some of our downtown drinking establishments. At each establishment we built upon our prior experiences.
Here is how it went:
– 10 cherry pickers with clap
– 20 SSH
– 15 alternating toe touches
– Hickory Tap Room- 10 burpees
– The Station- 10 burpees, 20 WWII sit-ups
– OHB- 10 burpees, 20 WWII, 30 merkins
– Craft Beer Cellar- 10 burpees, 20 WWII, 30 merkins, 40 squats
– Cabaret- 10 burpees, 20 WWII, 30 merkins, 40 squats, 50 monkey humpers
– Crescent Moon- 10 burpees, 20 WWII, 30 merkins, 40 squats, 50 monkey humpers, 60 star jumps
– McGuires- 70 lunges, 20 Mohammed Ali’s
Mosey back to parking lot for MARY:
– 20 LBC
– 20 RBC
– 20 Juanita’s
– Lenoir launch 3/4
– Prayer immediately following Howitzer on Tuesday’s at First Baptist- 15 to
– Ruck Friday 8:00 Corinth
– Bed Bugs father-in-law in hospital with terminal cancer
– Vernon Tarlton
1 Peter 5:2 “Just as shepherds watch over their sheep, you must watch over everyone God has placed in your care. Do it willingly in order to please God, and not simply because you think you must. Let it be something you want to do, instead of something you do merely to make money.”
– Here is YHCs take on our stops:
* Tap Room- All-time favorite. In college you couldn’t afford it (most of us anyway, my roommate was a trust fund baby but that was the exception). Prices for a beer haven’t changed in 15 years.
* The Station- Man has it changed. Used to be nickel drafts and you hoped you didn’t get into a fight. What a great selection now.
* OHB- Don’t think it is open to the public, what a crime. Table Rock and Brown Mountain always good standbys.
* Craft Beer Cellar- If you haven’t checked it out you need to. I haven’t been but I hear trivia on Thursday is standing room only.
* Cabaret- yes, we did monkey humpers
* Crescent Moon- Only time YHC has been was with @cuz and @gasser on Wicked Weed tap night. Who doesn’t like Wicked Weed.
* McGuire’s- Used to go with my roommate and play darts in college. He was really good, I sucked. Most of the people playing were 40 and 50 year old dudes. I’m not quite sure why we did that.
* Glad to have On Time from Greensboro with us.
* Either Suppository can’t count or he is really fast.
* 50 monkey humpers suck, 60 star jumps suck worse
* Publix told me yesterday he was going to come and bring the flag. Read Cuz’s backblast from yesterday if you are wondering why he wasn’t there.
- Markup showed up for prayer but not for the workout. Is this a Starsky?
* First Baptist was worth going to, if you didn’t come think about it next week.
* Always to a pleasure to be with you guys.