Normally Prison Break is a Tuesday and Thursday morning A/O but a few weeks ago Abraham texted YHC about this Parade of Horribles thing and wanting to come to Lenoir on a Friday. How could YHC turn this down? Get to stick it both to the Lenoir PAX an extra day and Abraham?!?! So the plans were made and YHC began this week to really cook up something special. I got thinking about Abraham leaving, or should we say making an Exodus from, NC and I thought about before any exodus has to come some plagues. So YHC developed the 10 Plagues of F3 Lenoir. Now this was a little nerve racking considering both Abe and Crop were there; I mean after all they both are old enough to have seen the actual plagues fall on Egypt!!! Anyway, I will move on. After 20 sleeveless PAX rolled in; a few 5 minutes late, here’s what happened:
Muhammed Ali’s ICx10
PLAGUE 1: NILE TURNED TO BLOOD
- Swimmers w/ bricks ICx10
- Flutter Kicks ICx10
PLAGUE 2: FROGS
- Crunchy Frogs w/ bricks ICx10
PLAGUE 3: GNATS
- Overhead Claps w/ bricks ICx10
- Little Arm Circles w/ bricks ICx20 (originally was going to be 10 but all the mumble chatter caused the count to go to 20)
PLAGUE 4: FLIES
- Flies w/ bricks ICx10
- Werkins (Wide Arm Merkins) ICx10
PLAGUE 5: LIVESTOCK DIES
- Run to Stargate A/O
- Ring of Fire: PAX do mountain climbers; each PAX do 5 Donkey Kicks (a lot of whining heard on this one!)
PLAGUE 6: BOILS
- Low Country Crab Boils ICx10 (The PAX were flopping all over the place on this one)
PLAGUE 7: HAIL
- Hail Mary’s (Partner up; at bench or low wall; P1 planks & P2 puts feet on P1 and does dips) 15 OYO & flap jack x2
PLAGUE 8: LOCUSTS
- Mosey to Post Office
- Ring of Fire: PAX hold Al Gore; each PAX does 10 WWII Sit-ups; did in pairs of 2
PLAGUE 9: DARKNESS
- Mosey to base of West Ave. hill & do 5 Reverse Hill repeats (a real crowd pleaser!)
PLAGUE 10: DEATH OF FIRST BORN SON
- Perform Burpees – Reps were the age of Abraham’s first born: 37
- LBC’s ICx10
- RBC’s ICx10
It was an awesome time with a lot of good men.
The WOD came from Revelation 21:1-6. In thinking about our brother who lost his life yesterday I began thinking of what can give us hope to get through this and all the other hard stuff we encounter in life. What better thing to think about than the kingdom we will inherit one day? A kingdom that there will be no more death or sickness, no more pain, no more mourning, no more tears, and God will be with us! When the things of this life discourage, remember our hope!
- I am buying the Lenoir PAX watches and/or alarm clocks
- Good to see men from Hickory and Granite Falls come up to workout and support Abe!
- Abraham. The man. The myth. The legend. We all owe you a ton for bringing F3 to these parts! You have been a leader and you have set the bar high for us! We hope to carry on and make you proud. You will be missed, brother! I only hope I can continue on the Angry Preacher mantle that you have established here!
- Congrats, to Cousin Eddie. Not only did he finally get up to Lenoir during the week to post but he has now been officially inaugurated as the Master Q of Fitness in Hky Region! He now owns the “glove of shame”! The glove does fit; so you can’t quit!
- I am pretty sure I got called DREDD this morning. Pretty sure it wasn’t that bad!
- Our dear brothers in Lexington and to Cheech’s family, our deepest sympathies and prayers for you all in the days, weeks, and years ahead! We are a family; and even though we have never met, the Hky will have you guys’ back if you need anything!