We had 2 for the pre-run down the hill to the lake then up that loooong hill known as Shiloh Church Rd (i think). We were looking for Lake Shore Drive and never found it, but carefully avoided Joe Teague Drive. Plank “pants” while running up Shiloh – but guess what – he conquered it!
While we were waiting on the always late Cable Guy to show up and for Binary to show up (which he never did!), the PAX helped me gather the blocks and coupons and the biggest tire known to man for our fun.
Guys – I went “way off Weinke” for this workout and I am kinda old so don’t judge me for missing a few beats here and there. In other words #shutupandlisten
- SSH (the numbers aren’t important)
- Jump Ropes
- Tire Flip – OK this one caused Stoney’s hernia to protrude – resulting in the only bulge he has ever known.
- Suicides – 3 parking lot stripes up, then 6, then 9, then 12, then 15.
The Thang: Partner up with Blocks and Coupons
- Bench Press with Blocks, Tricep Extensions with Coupons – flip/flop with Partner
- OH Press (ouch) with Blocks, WonderBra’s with Coupons – lift and separate
- Squats with Blocks, OH claps with coupons
- KB swings with Blocks, Alternating curls with coupons
- Curlz4DaGirlz with Blocks, Shoulder taps with coupons #QPleaser
- Jump Overs with Blocks or Coupons – whatever you had
- Plank Set (High Planks, Low Planks, High/Low Planks)
- Flutter Kicks
- Plank Jacks
- Superman – where’s my suit when I need it?
- Mountain Climbers
- High Knees
- Butt Kickers
- There Coulda Been More – but I am “mature” and “off-weinke”
5 Minutes of Mary: (rapid fire)
- Flutter Kicks
- Freddie Mercuries
- It was a workout in itself just to put away all the heavy stuff we lifted today.
- Flooding in and around Houston
- Plank’s church friend with tumors
- Stoney’s bulge 🙂
- Our churches
- Powder’s friends whose child died
WOD: Revelation 21: Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
We discussed this passage in light of the pain and suffering and death we experience as citizens of this lonely planet. I am looking forward to dwelling in the presence of God and having no more mourning, crying or pain!
As if it couldn’t get any better, after all was said and done – Plank let me see the junk in his trunk! Stoney’s bulge aside, Plank’s bag of balls is a sight to behold! 🙂 🙂 🙂 #daymade