Several months ago, Babyface lead us at the Den. The name of his workout was “Make Me Better”. The concept was simple, he literally did every exercise that he hated. I really like the concept. I like the fact the F3 holds us accountable and makes us do things that we typically don’t want to do. So I thought I would do a version of what I hate the most. It’s not burpees, it’s not squats, it’s not zombie walks. It’s running hills. So I made these guys run almost every hill I could find in downtown Lenoir……twice. I hated it. But that was the point. Here’s how it went down.
We started with some Dynamic stretching.
- Spider lunge twist
- Lunge twists
- High knees
- T-up push-ups(I’m going to start calling them Terkins)
So here is the gist of the workout. We did a modified version of Route 66. We did a combination of three exercises. Merkins, Squats, American Hammers. We started at 11 and work our way down.
- First up was Willow Street Hill…twice
- Then we ran to Davenport Hill “A”…twice
- Then we ran to Davenport Hill “B”…twice
- Ran across town to Hospice Hill…twice
- Then down by the Methodist Church Hill…twice
- Back to the AO
- Then back up Willow Street Hill…twice
We logged 2.4 miles and my Garmin gave us 30 floors climbed!
Much to my delight, there was plenty of time left over to do some blocks. We grab the cinder blocks and did
- Curls for Snips
- Overhead Press
- Bench Press
I piggybacked off of my COT from Infinity. Stress is relative. As we go through life we will experience stress. But in those situations when we’re in that pressure-cooker, when we really get squeezed, that’s when are fruits show. The fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Do we display these characteristics when we’re going through stressful times in our life?
- This was a quiet group today. Not a lot to report.
- Aside from Baby Face really wants to see Spokes in some yoga pants. (Or at least I’m pretty sure that’s what he said).
- Also, Dynamic stretching should not be confused with yoga. Twin doesn’t do yoga.
- Appreciate these men coming out this morning to make me better. I hated every minute of it.
- Lastly, shame on all you fartsaker’s