8 PAX posted for a somewhat muggy, but overcast Saturday morning @ 300.
Warm-ups x 15 reps – in cadence
- Side Straddle Hop
- Little Arm Circles
- Moroccan Night Clubs
- Merkins – x 10 reps
Moseyed to block pile where each of us grabbed a coupon.
YHC gave a brief History lessons to the PAX on Nolan Richardson
- In 1985, Richardson became the head coach at the University of Arkansas
- became the first African-American coach at a major university in the South
- His teams typically played an up tempo game with intense pressure defense – a style that was known as “40 Minutes of Hell.
- winningest Basketball coach in Arkansas history, compiling a 389-169 (.697) record in 17 seasons.
- only head coach to win a Junior College National Championship, the NIT Championship, and the NCAA Championship.
- 15 post season appearances during the 17 seasons of his tenure.
Added a few extra warm-ups – in cadence
- Windmills – x 20 reps
- Imperial Storm Troopers – x 20 reps
Here’s the lowdown on the workout:
- 1st – Partner up
- PAX 2 runs backwards – ~50 yds. then does a Bobby Hurley & jogs back to start to continue the exercise from the count accumulated by PAX 1.
The list of exercise with accumulative reps are:
- Burpees – 100 reps
- Squats – 300 reps
- WWII Sit Ups – 150 reps
- Curls for Girls (with block) – 200 reps
- Merkins – 150 reps
- Imperial Storm Troopers – 300 reps
YHC modified a little, yet idle chatter could still be overheard among the PAX.
We put our coupons back & headed to the flag just in time for a little abdominal workout
- LBC’s – x 20 reps (in cadence)
- RBC’s – x 20 reps (in cadence)
- Dying Cockroaches – x 20 reps (in cadence)
Count off & name-o-rama
Matthew 7:7 – Ask & it will be given to you, seek & you will find, knock & the door will be opened to you. Focusing on the 1st part – Ask & it will be given to you – Does God give us everything we ask for “NO.” He has promised to give us the things we need. Ruth Graham once said that if God had given her everything she asked for, she would have married the wrong man 7 times.
There’s a Paradigm that goes like this:
- If the request is wrong, God says “No”
- If you are wrong, God says “Go”
- If the timing is wrong, God says “Slow”
- And if the request is right, & you are right, and the timing is right, God says “Go”
Answers to prayers have to be on God’s schedule, not ours. He answers according to His will (Lord’s Prayer), in his own time. That, however; shouldn’t keep us from praying persistently to him.
Announcements, Prayer requests & COT with YHC leading the PAX in prayer
YHC is always honored to lead the men of Granite Falls in workouts that end with us saying, “We Don’t Do Easy.” YHC will lead 1 more workout before knee replacement on 08/13, and I’m sure going to miss this group of men. I’m told after the knee replacement, no more F3. Sorry Doc, but you must not know me too well. It may be months, but I will return.
2 Ply out!