COT (Yes we do it backwards at SlingBlade for a reason. Some guys run shorter, some run longer, so by doing the COT at the beginning we have more freedom and no need to wait) – YHC read the beginning verses of Psalm 40
1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord
and put their trust in him.
I then spoke about the need for revival in my own life, in my church, in my community and beyond. I read a small bit about the revival in Massachusetts in 1734 where Jonathan Edwards preached. It included this quote: “It pleased God … to display his free and sovereign mercy in the conversion of a great multitude of souls in a short space of time, turning them from a formal, cold, and careless profession of Christianity, to the lively exercise of every Christian grace, and the powerful practice of our holy religion.”:
Folks, let us all pray for REVIVAL and may the revival begin with us!
- Bailey Shows – for continued back pain
- Bailey Hart
- Twig and Banjo in Red Springs doing Disaster Relief this week
- Rain in Western NC
- Firefighters in our area
- Kelly Heavner and family following her surgery
- F3 Lenoir – begin recruiting folks for this new launch in March 2017
Instructions for our run then we are off!
YHC chose a course with as few turns as possible because we tend to get lost on the streets of Granite Falls – or at least us guys who don’t live here.
- Down Falls Avenue all the way to the CLOSED bridge at Mill Pond. Yes we ran around the barricades and across the creaky bridge
- Turn back up Falls Avenue – around Concord Baptist Church – back on Falls Ave past our starting point
- Down Main, across Main at Park Avenue, right on Parallel Street. Stayed on Parallel St all the way to Dry Ponds Road. This section was Flat and Fast!
- Turn around back down Parallel, across Main, then ran a small loop behind downtown. I don’t remember those road names
- Back to Starting point. 5+ Miles
I really enjoyed the snappy pace (Suppository and Band Camp are DERN fast!). I enjoyed the route – with the turn backs we were more aware of everyone out there. It was an HONOR to run with these studs, while at the same time missing Twig and Banjo who were off at Red Springs doing the Lord’s work!